Sunday, May 1, 2016

My Favorite Original Pinoy Music



        I chose Hawak Kamay as my favorite OPM. "Hawak Kamay" ("Holding Hands") is a song by a Filipina singer-songwriter Yeng Constantino. The song is about a cousin with whom she developed a deep friendship with. 


        Josephine "Yeng" Eusebio Constantino born December 4, 1988, is a Filipina pop-rock singer-songwriter and actress. In 2006, she won the title "Grand Star Dreamer" in the inaugural season of Pinoy Dream Academy, the Philippine edition of Endemol's reality TV show Star Academy. She is the youngest of five siblings in the Constantino family. She is a second cousin of television host and Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Edition Plus second runner-up Robi Domingo. Her family was raised as a born-again Christian.


       By June 2013, Constantino began a relationship with Victor "Yan" Asuncion, a fellow musician and worship director at Victory Christian Fellowship. In March 2014, after nine months of dating, Constantino announced her engagement to Asuncion through an Instagram post. On February 14, 2015, the couple married at a resort in Tagaytay,Cavite. 

      First time I heard the song “Hawak Kamay” , I was superbly impressed both by the lyrics and tune of the song. “Hawak kamay…di kita iiwan sa paglakbay… dito sa mundong walang katiyakan… Hawak kamay… di kita bibitawan sa paglalakbay… sa mundo ng kawalan.” These words can be depicted as God’s message to everybody. He’s promising not to let everybody be lost on his paths in life and always there to guide and protect us.


       While listening to the song, I can vividly reminisce the bleak chapters and pages of the book of my life. “Minsan madarama mong kay bigat ng problema… minsan mahihirapan ka at masasabing ‘di ko na kaya.” 

      “Tumingin ka lang sa langit…o di kaya ako’y tawagin.” But behind those failures and dilemmas I went through, I still firmly believed that God would always be there to comfort me.








No comments:

Post a Comment